Mike and Sandy founded Boomers Audio in 2002 after they saw a need for better-quality service in the Tulsa area. In the beginning, it was Mike doing all the sales and installations by himself in a small location. Over the years, the company has grown to include six employees and a 9,000+-square-foot location with a welcoming showroom, separate fabrication department and space for almost anything you can bring us.
Learn More About Boomers Audio
Music is Our Passion
Our whole team is passionate about music, and we all love coming to work every day because of it. Since we’re a single-store operation, we have a tightly knit staff, giving us the opportunity to provide every client with personalized service.
Solutions, Not Products
One of the biggest differences between us and most car audio shops is how we relate to our clients. Instead of focusing on a myriad of products, we focus on a solution. When you come and visit us, our team will look over your vehicle and listen as you explain your goals for the upgrades. After listening to equipment in our state-of-the-art showroom, we design solutions that best fit your needs. You won’t hear lots of high-end technical talk; rather, we will address real-world benefits that will make your drive more enjoyable.
Constant Training to Improve our Craft
We are always up to date on the latest and greatest in automotive technology, whether it’s through attending a training session or a trade shos. Our collective team has over 100 years combined experience, so you can rest comfortably knowing a well-trained professional is working on your vehicle.
Significant Investment in our Facility
The size of our building also separates us from the competition and allows us to
keep all clients’ cars, boats, motorcycles or even RVs safe and protected inside. Each
technician has his own bay and door, so there are no worries about cramming vehicles next to each other while they are being serviced.
Expert Level Care
Our technicians are dedicated to treating your vehicle just like their own. We know
these are your babies, and we promise to treat them with professional service. Before the installation begins, we have a 30-point inspection sheet that provides step-by-step instructions on evaluating a vehicle’s condition. We use only the best equipment to service every vehicle. Some of that equipment includes battery maintainers, electrical load detectors, battery life testers, etc., to ensure a prolonged battery life after we complete your Boomers upgrades.
One-on-one Discussions after the Job is Finished
After an installation is complete, every client receives a personal one-on-one consultation to make sure they completely understand how everything operates. This service is provided by the very technician who worked on their car, so there is no possibility of miscommunication.
We Stand Behind Our Work
Boomers Audio provides every client with a non-transferrable lifetime warranty on any labor performed to their vehicle. (This does not include repair labor on OEM
equipment.) We strive to work with the best manufacturers in the industry to ensure that any equipment we use is of the best caliber, giving our clients years of reliable use.
Come See Us
The next step is to come see us for yourself. We are confident that once you experience Boomers Audio, you will understand why more people in the Tulsa area choose us year after year.
Address and Contact Information
7010 E 41st St
Tulsa, OK 74145
- OEM Sound System Measurements for Audio System UpgradesUpgrading a factory audio system is not as easy as it used to be. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, connecting an amplifier and a new set of speakers to a factory source unit would yield impressive, if not amazing, results. As automobile manufacturers put more focus on the performance of factory-installed sound systems, digital signal processing (DSP) became more and more prevalent. Equalization and signal ... read more
- Definitions: Speaker ParametersThe adage that someone could write a book about a subject certainly holds true when it comes to a discussion of loudspeakers and their parameters. In fact, there are dozens of great books already available about the subject. This article provides an overview of some of the most commonly discussed speaker parameters. What are Speaker Parameters? Speaker parameters, often called Thiele/Small parameters, are a set of electromechanical ... read more
- The Benefits of Custom-installed Radar DetectorsIf you are looking for the best defense against police laser and radar guns, speed cameras, and radar-based work zone speed detection systems, then a custom-installed radar detector and laser countermeasure system is the only choice. This article compares the features and performance benefits of a portable radar detection system to one that we integrate into your vehicle. What is a Radar Detector? Simply put, a radar ... read more
- What To Look for When Shopping for Motorcycle Audio SpeakersNow that the weather is great all across the country, motorcycle enthusiasts have a chance to get their bikes out and go for a ride – but many riders complain that the factory audio systems on their bikes don’t sound as good as they’d like. There are several reasons why, and a few relatively easy ways to upgrade these systems. A proper motorcycle audio system upgrade will ... read more
- Rear Speakers – A Benefit or a Bad Habit?For decades, automobile manufacturers have installed relatively large rear speakers in their vehicles. The stereotype of a set of 6×9 speakers sitting on the parcel shelf of a Monte Carlo is as “car audio” as it gets. As the industry has evolved, the importance of rear speakers has diminished. Are rear speakers necessary? Do they offer a benefit? Are we just holding on to a bad habit? ... read more
- When it Comes to Subwoofer Specifications, Some Numbers Don’t MatterIf you are a mobile electronics enthusiast like we are, then it’s quite possible that you enjoy reading product specifications. You can learn a lot about the design and application of a product from the specs. Amplifier power ratings are probably the most popular specs, but there are a lot more. One product specification that tends to confuse people more than help them is speaker efficiency. This ... read more
- Basics of OEM Integration in Your Newer VehicleInstalling a mobile audio system involves much more than just hooking up some wires and driving in a few screws. Almost all vehicle manufacturers have realized that some amount of audio system tuning will dramatically improve their customers’ experience. When you decide it’s time to upgrade your factory audio system, we need to take into account any tuning that may have been done by the factory. It’s ... read more
- Why are Speakers Different Sizes?When you head to your local mobile electronics specialist in search of new speakers, there are a few criteria to keep in mind. Choosing a speaker size can go one of two ways: You can pick something that fits a specific mounting location or you can choose based on the characteristics of the speaker relative to its size. Are you interested in knowing why speakers come in ... read more
- Why Buy A Bigger Amplifier?When an audio enthusiast goes shopping for an amplifier, the question of “how much power do I need?” comes up almost every time. There are a few factors to take into consideration when answering this question. This article looks at those factors and provides some technical background to help support your decision. Why Do We Need Power? Quite simply, when you send more power to a speaker, ... read more
- What Is An MP3 File?You cannot have talked about audio and computers any time in the last 15 years and not have heard of an MP3 file. MP3 audio files and websites, like the original Napster, started a shift in where, how and when people acquired music. If you are on the older end of the spectrum, like many of us in the mobile electronics industry, then you bought your ... read more