Mike and Sandy founded Boomers Audio in 2002 after they saw a need for better-quality service in the Tulsa area. In the beginning, it was Mike doing all the sales and installations by himself in a small location. Over the years, the company has grown to include six employees and a 9,000+-square-foot location with a welcoming showroom, separate fabrication department and space for almost anything you can bring us.
Learn More About Boomers Audio
Music is Our Passion
Our whole team is passionate about music, and we all love coming to work every day because of it. Since we’re a single-store operation, we have a tightly knit staff, giving us the opportunity to provide every client with personalized service.
Solutions, Not Products
One of the biggest differences between us and most car audio shops is how we relate to our clients. Instead of focusing on a myriad of products, we focus on a solution. When you come and visit us, our team will look over your vehicle and listen as you explain your goals for the upgrades. After listening to equipment in our state-of-the-art showroom, we design solutions that best fit your needs. You won’t hear lots of high-end technical talk; rather, we will address real-world benefits that will make your drive more enjoyable.
Constant Training to Improve our Craft
We are always up to date on the latest and greatest in automotive technology, whether it’s through attending a training session or a trade shos. Our collective team has over 100 years combined experience, so you can rest comfortably knowing a well-trained professional is working on your vehicle.
Significant Investment in our Facility
The size of our building also separates us from the competition and allows us to
keep all clients’ cars, boats, motorcycles or even RVs safe and protected inside. Each
technician has his own bay and door, so there are no worries about cramming vehicles next to each other while they are being serviced.
Expert Level Care
Our technicians are dedicated to treating your vehicle just like their own. We know
these are your babies, and we promise to treat them with professional service. Before the installation begins, we have a 30-point inspection sheet that provides step-by-step instructions on evaluating a vehicle’s condition. We use only the best equipment to service every vehicle. Some of that equipment includes battery maintainers, electrical load detectors, battery life testers, etc., to ensure a prolonged battery life after we complete your Boomers upgrades.
One-on-one Discussions after the Job is Finished
After an installation is complete, every client receives a personal one-on-one consultation to make sure they completely understand how everything operates. This service is provided by the very technician who worked on their car, so there is no possibility of miscommunication.
We Stand Behind Our Work
Boomers Audio provides every client with a non-transferrable lifetime warranty on any labor performed to their vehicle. (This does not include repair labor on OEM
equipment.) We strive to work with the best manufacturers in the industry to ensure that any equipment we use is of the best caliber, giving our clients years of reliable use.
Come See Us
The next step is to come see us for yourself. We are confident that once you experience Boomers Audio, you will understand why more people in the Tulsa area choose us year after year.
Address and Contact Information
7010 E 41st St
Tulsa, OK 74145
- Why Buy A Bigger Amplifier?When an audio enthusiast goes shopping for an amplifier, the question of “how much power do I need?” comes up almost every time. There are a few factors to take into consideration when answering this question. This article looks at those factors and provides some technical background to help support your decision. Why Do We Need Power? Quite simply, when you send more power to a speaker, ... read more
- What Is An MP3 File?You cannot have talked about audio and computers any time in the last 15 years and not have heard of an MP3 file. MP3 audio files and websites, like the original Napster, started a shift in where, how and when people acquired music. If you are on the older end of the spectrum, like many of us in the mobile electronics industry, then you bought your ... read more
- Amplifier Classes: Making Sense Out of Class AB and Class D AmpsAmplifiers have a very tough job. They have to take a very low voltage signal and increase it in amplitude so it can drive a speaker. In this transformation, we expect the signal to remain pure – no distortion or no noise should be added. We also want significant amounts of power to drive our speakers, even though we only feed our amplifiers with a measly 12 ... read more
- Acoustic Suspension Subwoofer Enclosures ExplainedEnclosure, box or cabinet: Whatever you want to call them, where you install your speaker or subwoofer is critically important to their resulting performance. In this article, we focus on the simplest and most forgiving of enclosures to design and construct – the acoustic suspension or sealed enclosure. The Laws of Physics There are a few characteristics to keep in mind about every speaker. The first is ... read more
- The Importance of Proper Cables and WiringInstalling mobile electronics systems is not as easy as it used to be. In the “good old days,” cars were made from thick metal and didn’t have many electrical components. Modern vehicle construction makes use of the thinnest, lightest materials possible. These body panels are held together with non-conductive adhesives, and it seems that every square inch of our cars and trucks are packed with computers, sensors ... read more
- What Is A Soundstage And Where Can I Buy One?When it comes to listening to music, there seem to be two kinds of listeners in the context of “where the sound comes from.” Some people want to be enveloped by the music. They want to feel like they are in the very middle of the performance, with sound all around them. This style is sort of like listening to a set of headphones. The other listener ... read more
- Car Starter Remote Control OptionsIt’s fall, and for the mobile electronics industry, the focus shifts directly to the sales and installation of remote car starters. The size of the remote start industry is inconceivably vast. Some retailers sell and install more than a thousand of these handy little gadgets in a single season! Best Car Audio wants to help you make the purchasing process easier. Here is our introduction to remote ... read more
- Are Single or Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers Better?When it comes to buying subwoofers, a lot of people have questions or make assumptions about the benefits and drawbacks of single voice coil and dual voice coil versions. Understanding the differences between them requires a slightly enhanced understanding of how an amplifier works. We cover both topics in this article. How an Amplifier Works An amplifier is a simple device that takes an audio signal (from ... read more
- Why Would I Want A Remote Starter?If you have never owned a remote starter, you might be asking yourself why they are so popular. The mobile electronics industry switches into “starter season” each fall and, when the weather cooperates, doesn’t stop until spring time. But what is it about having a remote starter that is so great? We’ll explain. Just What Is a Remote Starter? A remote starter system includes several components: a ... read more
- What Is Signal-To-Noise Ratio, And Why Does It Matter?Most people understand the importance of amplifier power specifications. In most cases, more power is a good thing, that is, until you reach the thermal or suspension limits of the speakers you are using. One specification that is also very important in a mobile electronics amplifier, processor or source unit is Signal-to-Noise Ratio. In this article, we are going to explain what S/N Ratio numbers are and ... read more