Mike and Sandy founded Boomers Audio in 2002 after they saw a need for better-quality service in the Tulsa area. In the beginning, it was Mike doing all the sales and installations by himself in a small location. Over the years, the company has grown to include six employees and a 9,000+-square-foot location with a welcoming showroom, separate fabrication department and space for almost anything you can bring us.
Learn More About Boomers Audio
Music is Our Passion
Our whole team is passionate about music, and we all love coming to work every day because of it. Since we’re a single-store operation, we have a tightly knit staff, giving us the opportunity to provide every client with personalized service.
Solutions, Not Products
One of the biggest differences between us and most car audio shops is how we relate to our clients. Instead of focusing on a myriad of products, we focus on a solution. When you come and visit us, our team will look over your vehicle and listen as you explain your goals for the upgrades. After listening to equipment in our state-of-the-art showroom, we design solutions that best fit your needs. You won’t hear lots of high-end technical talk; rather, we will address real-world benefits that will make your drive more enjoyable.
Constant Training to Improve our Craft
We are always up to date on the latest and greatest in automotive technology, whether it’s through attending a training session or a trade shos. Our collective team has over 100 years combined experience, so you can rest comfortably knowing a well-trained professional is working on your vehicle.
Significant Investment in our Facility
The size of our building also separates us from the competition and allows us to
keep all clients’ cars, boats, motorcycles or even RVs safe and protected inside. Each
technician has his own bay and door, so there are no worries about cramming vehicles next to each other while they are being serviced.
Expert Level Care
Our technicians are dedicated to treating your vehicle just like their own. We know
these are your babies, and we promise to treat them with professional service. Before the installation begins, we have a 30-point inspection sheet that provides step-by-step instructions on evaluating a vehicle’s condition. We use only the best equipment to service every vehicle. Some of that equipment includes battery maintainers, electrical load detectors, battery life testers, etc., to ensure a prolonged battery life after we complete your Boomers upgrades.
One-on-one Discussions after the Job is Finished
After an installation is complete, every client receives a personal one-on-one consultation to make sure they completely understand how everything operates. This service is provided by the very technician who worked on their car, so there is no possibility of miscommunication.
We Stand Behind Our Work
Boomers Audio provides every client with a non-transferrable lifetime warranty on any labor performed to their vehicle. (This does not include repair labor on OEM
equipment.) We strive to work with the best manufacturers in the industry to ensure that any equipment we use is of the best caliber, giving our clients years of reliable use.
Come See Us
The next step is to come see us for yourself. We are confident that once you experience Boomers Audio, you will understand why more people in the Tulsa area choose us year after year.
Address and Contact Information
7010 E 41st St
Tulsa, OK 74145
- Fuses: To Serve and Protect!Let’s face it: Accidents happen. Minimizing the collateral damage from an accident is important. When you have a mobile electronics system that includes installing an amplifier in your vehicle, a discussion about fuses or circuit protection should take place before the installation begins. Choosing the right device to ensure your system works as intended and is safe in the event something goes wrong is very important. Let’s ... read more
- Steering Wheel Audio Control IntegrationWhen you go shopping for a new radio for your car, one of the many questions the product specialist should ask you is whether your existing radio has steering wheel-mounted audio controls. Almost every aftermarket radio has provisions to accept a signal that will give you steering wheel audio control functions like volume, source selection, tracking and power. Here’s how it all works. Factory Control Functionality There ... read more
- Does Preamp Voltage Matter?For almost as long as there have been car audio enthusiasts, they have been adding amplifiers to their vehicles to increase the power available to drive their speakers. More power means we can turn the volume up higher without distortion. When it came to connecting amplifiers to speakers, the first power boosters connected to the speaker wires of the radio. Now, modern head units offer dedicated RCA ... read more
- Rear Speakers – A Benefit or a Bad Habit?For decades, automobile manufacturers have installed relatively large rear speakers in their vehicles. The stereotype of a set of 6×9 speakers sitting on the parcel shelf of a Monte Carlo is as “car audio” as it gets. As the industry has evolved, the importance of rear speakers has diminished. Are rear speakers necessary? Do they offer a benefit? Are we just holding on to a bad habit? ... read more
- What is Bluetooth?If you have been around the mobile electronics industry for any amount of time, you will know that certain terms are often used incorrectly. One term that has been over-abused lately is Bluetooth. Product manufacturers, retailers and consumers have developed an expectation of what Bluetooth is, and what it does. Sadly, those expectations can lead to confusion and undesirable results. This article explains what Bluetooth is, and ... read more
- Car Audio Installation – The Good, Better, Best ApproachInstalling mobile electronics in a vehicle is a balance of technical skill and creativity. From the seemingly simple task of connecting wires to the creation of a custom amp rack or subwoofer enclosure, each task requires the car audio installation technician to call upon many different skills. When it comes to installing audio gear in your car, many retailers offer packaged solutions at different performance levels for ... read more
- What You Get When You Spend More Money On SpeakersAmong the most under-appreciated components in any audio system are the speakers. You could be using the best source unit on the planet, an amazing amplifier, and the most esoteric of interconnects and speaker cables – but if you don’t have great speakers, you still won’t have great sound. Your speakers are the only link between your electronics and your ears, so choosing great speakers is critically ... read more
- Apple CarPlay ExplainedAccording to a AAA survey, the average American drives for about 45 minutes each day. If you compare this time to an eight hour work day, that’s 10% of your work day, on top of the hours you are at your desk. This time is not an insignificant number. If your job involves being on the road, then your time spent behind the wheel can represent ... read more
- What Is A Soundstage And Where Can I Buy One?When it comes to listening to music, there seem to be two kinds of listeners in the context of “where the sound comes from.” Some people want to be enveloped by the music. They want to feel like they are in the very middle of the performance, with sound all around them. This style is sort of like listening to a set of headphones. The other listener ... read more
- How Car Audio Has Changed Through The YearsIf you have been around the mobile electronics industry for more than a decade, then you may have noticed some significant changes. New technologies make our time behind the wheel safer, more entertaining and more productive. Many products offer better performance and efficiency compared to their originals. Innovations and technological advancements let us do things that simply were not feasible decades ago. This article looks at some ... read more