Certified Autosound opened its first store in Abbotsford in 2010 under the name Driven Audio and over the last six years, has grown to a total of three stores with 16 employees under the parent name of Certified Autosound. We are now the largest independent dealer in the lower mainland.
In-house Training Sets Us Apart
What separates us from the competition is our ability to do in-house training. Our staff has a combined experience that exceeds 150 years in the mobile electronics industry and is known to include some of the finest in all of Canada. Ongoing training could be considered a lifestyle for us, since modern vehicles are seeing innovation happen at lightning speed. If we aren’t constantly stepping up our game, we would be left behind.
Learn More About Certified Autosound & Security
Customer Experience and Service are Legendary
Our main focus is on the customer experience. When a client comes to us, we want them to feel like family. From the first introduction, you will notice something different about us. Our team is made up of employees who are passionate about helping you design and build the best-sounding car audio solution for your needs without using high sales pressure. Certified Autosound backs that up with customer service that goes on after the sale. In the rare instance something goes wrong, our whole staff quickly jumps into action, getting you back in proper working order as quickly as possible.
Reference-standard Installation Practices
Our installation practices are reference-standard. Once an installation is finished and a client is looking over our work, they will see that our standards meet or often exceed those of a vehicle manufacturer. Things like soldering all connections, applying protective heat shrink and using Tesa tape to protect all our wiring is standard practice around here. We use protection gear on every vehicle to protect the paint and interior while it is in our shop, and a battery maintainer keeps the battery charged. Everything we do is designed for a combination of easy serviceability in the future coupled with legendary reliability. We are so confident about the quality of our work that we back up our labor with a lifetime guarantee.
Products that We Own Ourselves.
When it comes to the products we sell, our standards are equally as high. If we wouldn’t use it in our own vehicles, we won’t sell it in one of our stores. Our team is constantly evaluating new products so we can give our clients the best value, highest-performing solutions on the market.
Nowadays, technology is advancing at a feverish pace. To demonstrate these exciting products properly, we have state-of-the-art interactive displays created from the ground up to let you experience this technology for yourself. Our stores are clean, well-lit and decorated in inviting colors. Everything was designed to give our clients a warm, inviting environment that makes them feel at home.Experience us for Yourself
Experience us for Yourself
The best way to experience Certified Autosound is in person. We invite you to stop by any of our convenient locations. Our employees will look over your vehicle, get to know you better and help you find the best solution for your unique needs. Feel free to click here to be taken to our contact
Address and Contact Information
Certified Autosound & Security (Abbotsford)
#2 – 2139 Clearbrook Road
Abbotsford, BC V2T 4H6
Phone: +1 604-746-3110
Certified Autosound & Security (Chilliwack)
45724 Yale Road
Chilliwack, BC V2P 2N3
Phone: +1 604-392-2200
Certified Autosound & Security (Maple Ridge)
6-11435 201A St.
Maple Ridge, BC V2X 0Y3
Phone: +1 604-465-1174
- Abbotsford Camry Client Gets Dual Fiberglass Subwoofer EnclosuresA client from Abbotsford recently visited Certified Autosound and Security in search of a subwoofer upgrade for his 2018 Toyota Camry. Even though the car came with a JBL stereo, it still didn’t have the bass performance he wanted. After inspecting the vehicle and talking with the client about how he listens to his music, we proposed a custom subwoofer upgrade that would use a pair of ... read more
- Bass Upgrade for Abbotsford Mercedes-Benz C300A client from Abbotsford recently contacted Certified Autosound and Security in search of a way to improve the bass response in his 2016 Mercedes-Benz C300. He had been referred to us by a co-worker who had work done here previously. The client had heard the performance of the premium sound system in that vehicle and wanted to replicate its performance. Our sales team put together an amazing ... read more
- Understanding the Specs – Amplifier Power RatingsWelcome to our new series about understanding product specifications. Our goal in these articles is to help you understand what the amplifier power ratings mean when you start to compare solutions. We’ll not only explain which numbers are good, but we’ll include a detailed description of what each specification means, how it’s measured and how it affects what you hear or experience. To start the series, let’s ... read more
- Are High-Efficiency Speakers Better?If you are an avid car audio enthusiast, it’s likely that you’ve seen photos of or heard systems that use high-efficiency pro audio style speakers. These drivers were designed for PA systems at concerts and can produce impressive output levels with moderate levels of power from an amp. In this article, we are going to look at the benefits and drawbacks of using pro-sound speakers in applications ... read more
- Porsche 911 Radar and Laser System for Abbotsford ClientA long-time client from Abbotsford recently contacted Certified Autosound and Security to inquire about a radar detector and laser defense system for his 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S. The client has owned many high-horsepower vehicles in the past, but this 911 Turbo is definitely the fastest. He wanted a system that would protect him during those brief moments of over-judicious throttle application. After inspecting the vehicle and ... read more
- All About Apple Product CertificationNobody will deny that the Apple iPod is single-handedly responsible for a massive shift in the portability of music. Sure, the Walkman and Discman were important components in the history of portable media players, but those technologies supported existing music formats in the form of cassettes and compact discs. The iPod embraced digital media file formats, and though Apple offers its own compression formats in the form ... read more
- Be Wary of Top 10 ListsNot too long ago, we saw a discussion about an article called “The 12 Best Tweeters (Reviews & Ultimate Buying Guide 2018).” Being curious, we decided to check the article out to see what criteria they used to choose the products and how they tested them. Much to our dismay, there were no criteria, nor was there any testing or a simple performance review. So, what was ... read more
- BC Lions Player Gets GMC Sierra Bass and Lighting UpgradesEmmanuel Arceneaux of the BC Lions recently returned to Certified Autosound and Security in Abbotsford to discuss some bass and lighting upgrades for his 2016 GMC Sierra pickup truck. Last year we installed JL Audio C3-650 components in the front doors, C2-650x coaxial speakers in the back doors and a basic subwoofer enclosure that includes a pair of 12TW3 subwoofers. The original system was powered by an ... read more
- Car Audio Electrical Theory – Capacitance and InductanceAs we move toward the end of our discussion of car audio electrical theory, we need to talk about capacitance and inductance and how the characteristics of those phenomena interact with AC and DC signals. There’s no doubt that these are advanced concepts, but even a basic understanding of how capacitors and inductors work is fundamental to a thorough understanding of mobile electronics systems. What Is a ... read more
- Incredible Lighting and Audio System for Vancouver Client’s Yamaha 242XA client visited our booth at the Vancouver boat show this past spring to learn about audio upgrades that might be available for his new Yamaha 242X jet boat. We gave him a tour of our slightly over-the-top Malibu 22VLX that we had on display at the show. He loved the lighting and was amazed at how loud the system played without distorting. After a full summer ... read more