Mobile Edge was started in 1994 by Mitchell Schaffer. Back then it was called Schaffer’s Safe & Sound and the name was changed to Mobile Edge in 2003. The business was started with a single purpose: To provide top notch car audio to the surrounding area.
Learn More About Mobile Edge
Today, we are the area’s leader in everything fun and functional for your vehicle. We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and strive to make every customer a happy customer.
Mobile Edge has been named 1 of the top mobile electronics retailers in the nation from 2008-2013 and was named the 2010 Mobile Electronics Retailer of the Year!
Please check out our website, but be sure to stop in and let one of our professionals show you around. Our store and the stuff we sell is pretty cool!
Address and Contact Information
52 Blakeslee Blvd Dr E
Lehighton, PA 18235
- Lehighton Client Adds Window Tint and Starter System to Subaru WRXA client from Lehighton returned to Mobile Edge to inquire about a remote car starter and window tint for his 2017 Subaru WRX. We had installed similar features on the client’s previous vehicle and he wanted the same on his new car. After confirming that the car had a manual transmission, we suggested a Compustar starter system. Compustar has the best manual transmission reservation ... read more
- Lehighton Client Adds Backup Camera and Starter to Chevy SilveradoA client from here in Lehighton recently dropped by Mobile Edge to discuss options for adding backup camera and remote starter system to his 2016 Chevy Silverado. We talked to the client about where he parked the truck relative to the location of his home and office so we could understand his remote starter range requirements. Next, we showed the client a backup camera ... read more
- Tamaqua Client Upgrades 2012 Volkswagen Jetta Audio SystemA client from Tamaqua recently dropped by Mobile Edge to talk about upgrading his 2012 Volkswagen Jetta’s audio system. We had installed the gear in a previous vehicle and he wanted to transfer it to this new car while adding a few upgrades. We started the project by installing a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX multimedia receiver with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay in the ... read more
- Andreas Client Upgrades Lincoln MKZ Audio SystemA client from Andreas contacted Mobile Edge about a 2007 Lincoln MKZ audio system upgrade. He wanted a new radio with CarPlay and Android Auto, and a backup camera, and was hoping to improve the sound of the stereo with a subwoofer. After looking at the vehicle, we showed the client the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX multimedia receiver and let him connect his smartphone ... read more
- Jim Thorpe Client Upgrades 2005 Ford Mustang RadioA client from Jim Thorpe dropped by Mobile Edge to talk about installing an upgraded radio and camera system in his 2005 Ford Mustang. He wanted to update the technology in his vehicle with CarPlay and Android Auto integration. We showed the client the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. After connecting his phone, he knew right away that was the radio he wanted. We installed ... read more
- Wilkes-Barre Client Upgrades Harley-Davidson Street Glide AudioA client from Wilkes-Barre recently dropped into Mobile Edge to talk to Bob about a Harley-Davidson Street Glide audio system upgrade. As with almost every Harley owner, he simply wasn’t happy with the way the Boom! Box audio system sounds. It didn’t play loudly enough and wasn’t very clear. The solution is almost always the same for these clients: better speakers and more power! The client liked ... read more
- Harley Davidson Road King Special Audio System for Jim Thorpe ClientA client from Jim Thorpe recently dropped into Mobile Edge for some help with his Harley Davidson Road King Special audio system. He had installed a set of saddlebag speakers and an amplified MP3 player but wasn’t thrilled with the sound of the system. He wanted to add a set of lower front speaker enclosures and needed speakers for them. After Bob listened to the existing sound ... read more
- Andreas Client Chooses 3M Color Stable Window Tint for Cadillac CTSA client from Andreas recently contacted Mobile Edge to inquire about window tinting options for his 2014 Cadillac CTS sedan. We met with the client and showed him the different 3M Window Film options we carry and demonstrated the heat rejection capabilities of each solution, using our interactive display. The client liked the rich, deep look of 3M’s Color Stable film. The Color ... read more
- Palmerton Client Chooses 3M Color Stable Ram Rebel Window Tint SolutionA client from Palmerton recently dropped by Mobile Edge in Lehighton with his brand-new 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel Edition pickup truck. He loved the truck and its blacked-out trim package, but felt something was missing. He wanted us to tint the windows to complete the look of the vehicle. After discussing the different 3M window film options we carry, the client chose ... read more
- Lehighton Clients Adds Mercedes Sprinter Truck AccessoriesA client from here in Lehighton recently brought his 2016 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter to Mobile Edge in search of some safety upgrades. The client wanted to add a backup camera system to the van to make it safer to park and maneuver. Happily, several of our suppliers offer camera systems designed specifically for the Sprinter. He also wanted us to add a step ... read more