Mobile Edge was started in 1994 by Mitchell Schaffer. Back then it was called Schaffer’s Safe & Sound and the name was changed to Mobile Edge in 2003. The business was started with a single purpose: To provide top notch car audio to the surrounding area.
Learn More About Mobile Edge
Today, we are the area’s leader in everything fun and functional for your vehicle. We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and strive to make every customer a happy customer.
Mobile Edge has been named 1 of the top mobile electronics retailers in the nation from 2008-2013 and was named the 2010 Mobile Electronics Retailer of the Year!
Please check out our website, but be sure to stop in and let one of our professionals show you around. Our store and the stuff we sell is pretty cool!
Address and Contact Information
52 Blakeslee Blvd Dr E
Lehighton, PA 18235
- Hazleton Client Seeks Backup Camera Solution for 2017 Kia SportageA client from Hazleton recently dropped by Mobile Edge to inquire about a 2017 Kia Sportage backup camera solution. After having a look at the vehicle, we showed the client several stand-alone camera option,s as well as the features available from a new multimedia receiver. The client liked the idea of having a real smartphone integration solution in the vehicle, so he opted ... read more
- PowerStep Motorized Side Steps for Danielsville Client’s GMC SierraA client from Danielsville was recently at Mobile Edge to inquire about a 2016 GMC Sierra truck step solution. His wife was having a hard time climbing in and out of his lifted truck. We showed them the AMP Research PowerStep system we installed on our shop truck. They loved the way they worked, so we ordered a system for their Sierra. ... read more
- Bangor Client Finds Missing 2016 Chevy Colorado CD Player ReplacementA client from Bangor recently contacted Mobile Edge in Lehighton to inquire about his missing 2016 Chevrolet Colorado CD player. We weren’t the ones who forgot the CD player; Chevy did. More and more vehicles come without a radio that will play CDs. Vehicle manufacturers think that everyone has switched to iPods and MP3 files. The reality is, they haven’t. We invited the client to ... read more
- Classic Chevy C10 Center Console for Tamaqua ClientA repeat client from Tamaqua recently contacted Mobile Edge in Lehighton to inquire about having a 1969 Chevy C10 center console built. The client owns an automotive repair shop. Although he does all the mechanical work on the truck himself, he wanted expert assistance with the audio system. He had saved a Pioneer AVH-4200NEX from another vehicle and wanted to use it in the truck. We invited ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Audison Prima Sound PacksIf you are looking for an amazing audio system upgrade for your Volkswagen Golf, BMW or Mini, drop into Mobile Edge in Lehighton and ask us about the Audison Prima Sound Packs. Audison has created vehicle-specific upgrade solutions that fit perfectly into these vehicles and sound great! BMW and Mini Audison Prima Upgrades If you own a 1 through 7 series BMW sedan, a Z4 roadster, an ... read more
- Jim Thorpe Client Upgrades 2005 Ford Mustang RadioA client from Jim Thorpe dropped by Mobile Edge to talk about installing an upgraded radio and camera system in his 2005 Ford Mustang. He wanted to update the technology in his vehicle with CarPlay and Android Auto integration. We showed the client the Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. After connecting his phone, he knew right away that was the radio he wanted. We installed ... read more
- Jim Thorpe Trucker Gets Kenworth W900 Audio SystemA client of Mobile Edge from Jim Thorpe dropped by the store to talk about upgrading his 1999 Kenworth W900 audio system. We’ve built a few systems in his personal vehicles for him, and now he wanted something enjoyable in the truck he spends most of his time in. After talking to the client about his goals for the system, we put together a collection of products ... read more
- Come To Mobile Edge for WeatherTech FloorLiners in Your New VehicleA local client dropped into Mobile Edge in Lehighton to inquire about WeatherTech FloorLiners for her 2018 Range Rover Velar. The client knew about the amazing protection that WeatherTech floor mats offer and wanted to ensure that her new SUV would have protection from salt and slush in the winter and sand and dirt in the summer. Impressively, WeatherTech already had a solution for this brand-new vehicle. ... read more
- Easton BMW 550i Owner Chooses 3M Color Stable Window TintA repeat client from Easton recently contacted Mobile Edge to schedule an appointment for window tint installation on his 2018 BMW 550i sedan. Every three or four years, this client contacts us as soon as he purchases a new vehicle. The client chose our extremely popular 3M Color Stable film for his luxury sedan. Once it was in the shop, we installed ... read more
- Wilkes-Barre Client Upgrades Harley-Davidson Street Glide AudioA client from Wilkes-Barre recently dropped into Mobile Edge to talk to Bob about a Harley-Davidson Street Glide audio system upgrade. As with almost every Harley owner, he simply wasn’t happy with the way the Boom! Box audio system sounds. It didn’t play loudly enough and wasn’t very clear. The solution is almost always the same for these clients: better speakers and more power! The client liked ... read more