Mobile Edge was started in 1994 by Mitchell Schaffer. Back then it was called Schaffer’s Safe & Sound and the name was changed to Mobile Edge in 2003. The business was started with a single purpose: To provide top notch car audio to the surrounding area.
Learn More About Mobile Edge
Today, we are the area’s leader in everything fun and functional for your vehicle. We pride ourselves on quality workmanship and strive to make every customer a happy customer.
Mobile Edge has been named 1 of the top mobile electronics retailers in the nation from 2008-2013 and was named the 2010 Mobile Electronics Retailer of the Year!
Please check out our website, but be sure to stop in and let one of our professionals show you around. Our store and the stuff we sell is pretty cool!
Address and Contact Information
52 Blakeslee Blvd Dr E
Lehighton, PA 18235
- Ford F-350 From Orefield Gets Complete Audio System UpgradeA client from Orefield recently contacted Mobile Edge to inquire about upgrading the audio system in his 2017 Ford F-350 pickup truck. As is common with many modern vehicles, the client liked the features and functionality of the factory-installed source unit but wasn’t impressed with the way the audio system sounded. He wanted more clarity and detail and dramatically improved bass response. After we inspected the vehicle ... read more
- Jim Thorpe Client Upgrades 2013 Ford Focus with Two-way Remote StartOne of our repeat clients from Jim Thorpe sought our team’s expertise for adding a simple remote start to her 2013 Ford Focus. One of the main things she desired was having the luxury of knowing if the car had been successfully remote started or shut down. A two-way Compustar remote start was in order. Simplicity was important to her, so we chose ... read more
- 2012 Toyota Highlander Gets Family Trip Video Headrest UpgradeOne of our previous customers from Lehighton came by the shop to see about adding a mobile video solution to his 2012 Toyota Highlander. On long family trips, he needed help with keeping the kids in the back seat occupied. DVD playback was a requirement due to the family’s collection of movies, and they needed flexibility on sound playback options while the ... read more
- Slatington Dodge Client Gets Ram Radio and Speaker ReplacementA client from Slatington recently contacted Mobile Edge to inquire about upgrading the radio in his 2011 Dodge Ram to something with modern features and technology. After inspecting the vehicle and talking to the client, we offered to let him connect his smartphone to a variety of our Pioneer multimedia receivers so he could experience how the latest phone integration technology worked. We also demonstrated how a ... read more
- Nesquehoning Client Upgrades 2013 Nissan Frontier with Bed CoverA client from Nesquehoning was referred by a friend to come and see our team about upgrading his 2013 Nissan Frontier with a bed cover. He was looking for one that would be sturdy and last for a long time, but would also allow full access to the bed when needed. After discussing these requirements, we decided the BAKFlip MX4 would be ... read more
- Bowmanstown Client Gets 3M Color Stable Tint on 2004 Dodge RamA repeat Bowmanstown client of ours who had been very happy with previous work came by to get window tint on his 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Having worked on other projects for him before, we were quick to identify exactly what he needed. We are an authorized 3M Dealer Installer, and we have many options when it comes to window tint. The client chose the ... read more
- BMW-Specific Audio Upgrade for Allentown X5 OwnerA client from Allentown recently contacted Mobile Edge about a BMW-specific audio system upgrade. As with most BMW owners, the client wasn’t overly thrilled with the sound of the factory sound system and wanted something with more realism and volume. We had a look at the client’s vehicle, then proposed an upgrade that would make use of the factory speaker locations and new speakers, new subwoofers and ... read more
- 3M Color Stable Tint for Two Jim Thorpe-area Client VehiclesA Jim Thorpe, PA, client was recently referred to us by a friend to get 3M Color Stable Tint applied to two of his vehicles. This window tint choice was perfect due to its OEM look and long-term consistent color stability. His new company rollback truck, a 2018 Dodge Ram 5500, needed some tint for sun protection. We applied 20% film to the driver- ... read more
- 2017 Subaru Crosstrek Subwoofer Upgrade for Allentown ClientWe recently added a subwoofer upgrade to a repeat Allentown, PA, client’s 2017 Subaru Crosstrek for better audio performance, and we were able to craft the enclosure so there was no negative impact on cargo area access. This client reached out to us since we had previously upgraded the vehicle’s speakers and added an amplifier under a front seat to keep it out of ... read more
- 2017 Kia Soul Heated Seat Upgrade for Lehighton Kia DealerLehighton Kia brought a 2017 Kia Soul to the team here at Mobile Edge for a heated seat upgrade. Our long-term relationship is built on their trust in our experts performing vehicle upgrades in a professional manner. The reliable, quality installation techniques we use eliminate any issues their customers may have with our upgrades. You can expect the same high-quality installation when our ... read more