Ralph’s Radio Ltd. traces its roots back to 1949, when it had its beginnings installing and repairing AM car radios. Our original location was at 3316 Main Street in Vancouver. In 1954, the Rurak family took ownership of the company and, to this day, it is still run by them.
Learn More About Ralphs Radio Inc.
While the company has grown dramatically since those early years, one thing hasn’t changed about us: our dedication to our customers. It is our opinion that the reason we have seen so much success for such a long period of time is the way we treat people. It begins with our employees. We consider them more like family, we treat them with dignity and respect, and we inspire them to think outside the box. Some of our employees have been with us for over 30 years. Maybe the fact that we refer to our salespeople more as consultants makes the difference, since they take the needs of our customers very seriously.
From the first moment you walk in the door of one of our stores, you will notice something different. Our stores are clean, well-lit and modern. The people there are upbeat and enjoying conversations with each other. When you speak to our employees, they will take the time to get to know you personally and understand your needs so they can offer you the best solution the first time around. It is that dedication to customer service that has kept us around these last 67 years.
What started out as AM radio service has grown into a full-service car audio center that offers everything from a simple upgrade to a full-blown, customized audio system. We also have branched out into working on all categories of vehicles, such as: Heavy equipment vehicles, Boats, Motorcycles and Large ships
As time evolved, so did Ralph’s. As we grew, we diversified into cellular, satellite and specialized communications products. We were the first TELUS dealer (formerly BC Tel Mobility) all the way back in 1985, and we are proud to still work with them to this day.
Ralph’s is a distribution partner for Stratos Global Communications, the world leader in satellite communication products and services.
We also got into manufacturing specialized 12 volt and wireless communication products, which include LED identification signs installed on large construction vehicles.
We also introduced our CareLine wireless product line, which includes wireless backup systems for telephone service and satellite transportable systems.
Ralph’s also owns MobileLine Systems Ltd., a service provider for satellite airtime and products. MobileLine provides airtime for the Iridium and Inmarsat networks, including the Iridium, OpenPort, BGAN, IsatPhone, Fleet Broadband and VSAT systems.
Ralph’s has three business groups:
- Mobile 12 volt – Car audio systems, alarms, GPS tracking
- Wireless – Cellular and satellite voice and data devices
- Commercial – Wireless system design, vehicle fleet installations, LED light systems
We pride ourselves on being vertically integrated. As our company has grown, we have added new people, products and machinery so we can produce what our customers need in-house. We have many employees who are on specific duty, specializing in one area to maximize effectiveness. It is one of the ways we can give our customers the best overall value.
Address and Contact Information
Ralphs Radio Ltd. (Vancouver Location)
220 East 1st Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V5T 1A5
Ralphs Radio Ltd. (Victoria Location)
815 View St.
Victoria, BC, V8W 1K1
- Mercedes ML63 Alarm and Audio System for Vancouver ClientA client from Vancouver recently visited Ralph’s Radio to discuss options for a 2009 Mercedes ML63 alarm system and stereo upgrade. The factory-installed stereo system didn’t meet his expectations for clarity or volume capability, and the radio lacked the communication and entertainment features he wanted. After inspecting the vehicle and auditioning several products in our […] The post Mercedes ML63 Alarm and Audio System for Vancouver ... read more
- Vancouver Client Chooses Ralph’s Radio for 911 Audio SystemA repeat client from the Vancouver area recently visited Ralph’s Radio to talk about upgrading his 2008 Porsche 911 audio system. The factory-installed stereo in this gorgeous red convertible couldn’t play loudly enough when the roof was down, and the radio didn’t have any modern infotainment features. We had a look at the vehicle and […] The post Vancouver Client Chooses Ralph’s Radio for 911 Audio ... read more
- Vancouver Client Gets Range Rover Bass UpgradeA repeat client from Vancouver recently dropped into Ralph’s Radio to discuss a 2018 Range Rover bass upgrade. We’ve installed several sound systems for this client in the past, making the consultation process efficient. After listening to the vehicle and discussing where the Meridian sound system seemed to be lacking, we developed an upgrade plan […] The post Vancouver Client Gets Range Rover Bass Upgrade appeared ... read more
- Lamborghini Murcielago Audio System for Vancouver ClientA client from Vancouver recently contacted Ralph’s Radio to discuss upgrading his 2007 Lamborghini Murcielago audio system. We’ve built several audio system upgrades for this client in the past, including a Lamborghini Aventador. The client wanted a sound system that offered amazing detail and clarity, realistic imaging and great bass response. After inspecting the vehicle […] The post Lamborghini Murcielago Audio System for Vancouver Client appeared ... read more
- Why a Ralph’s Radio Remote Starter Installation is BetterRalph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria understands the importance of a high-quality remote starter installation. Our starter solutions are designed to ensure that your vehicle will be comfortable and ready to go when you are. Read on to find out how our process and solutions differ from those of our competitors. What Makes a Ralph’s […] The post Why a Ralph’s Radio Remote Starter Installation is ... read more
- Audison Prima Subwoofer SolutionsIf you live in Vancouver or Victoria, drop by Ralph’s Radio to audition the latest Audison Prima subwoofer solutions. These compact subwoofer enclosures and shallow-mount drivers are designed to work hand-in-hand with Prima amplifiers and speakers as the perfect upgrade to your factory audio system. Audison offers five enclosure solutions and three raw drivers in […] The post Audison Prima Subwoofer Solutions appeared first on Ralphs ... read more
- How Police Use Laser and Radar GunsRalph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria offers a wide variety of solutions for defending yourself against police laser and radar guns. Speed traps are a huge source of revenue for the Vancouver and Victoria police departments and the RCMP. They invest in new technology as it becomes available to make speed measurement faster and more […] The post How Police Use Laser and Radar Guns appeared ... read more
- DragonEye Lidar Detectable with Escort Radar DetectorsWhen it comes to protection against laser speed guns like the DragonEye, Escort radar detectors and laser defense systems from Ralph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria are the best defense available. Escort was founded in 1978 and has led the industry in radar and laser detection systems ever since. Its latest generation of MAX360 portable […] The post DragonEye Lidar Detectable with Escort Radar Detectors appeared ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Rydeen BSS1Clients in Vancouver and Victoria looking for the ultimate collision avoidance technology will want to drop by Ralph’s Radio and check out the Rydeen BSS1 Blind Spot Detection System. Using the same microwave technology as the factory-installed system in luxury vehicles, the BSS1 will alert drivers to the presence of a vehicle on either side […] The post Product Spotlight: Rydeen BSS1 appeared first on Ralphs ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Escort ZW5If you live in the Vancouver or Victoria area and want to add laser defense technology to your Escort RedLine EX, MAX360 or the MAX360c, drop by Ralph’s Radio and have a look at the Escort ZW5. This wireless radar shifting system will prevent laser and LIDAR guns from measuring your speed while you slow […] The post Product Spotlight: Escort ZW5 appeared first on Ralphs ... read more