Ralph’s Radio Ltd. traces its roots back to 1949, when it had its beginnings installing and repairing AM car radios. Our original location was at 3316 Main Street in Vancouver. In 1954, the Rurak family took ownership of the company and, to this day, it is still run by them.
Learn More About Ralphs Radio Inc.
While the company has grown dramatically since those early years, one thing hasn’t changed about us: our dedication to our customers. It is our opinion that the reason we have seen so much success for such a long period of time is the way we treat people. It begins with our employees. We consider them more like family, we treat them with dignity and respect, and we inspire them to think outside the box. Some of our employees have been with us for over 30 years. Maybe the fact that we refer to our salespeople more as consultants makes the difference, since they take the needs of our customers very seriously.
From the first moment you walk in the door of one of our stores, you will notice something different. Our stores are clean, well-lit and modern. The people there are upbeat and enjoying conversations with each other. When you speak to our employees, they will take the time to get to know you personally and understand your needs so they can offer you the best solution the first time around. It is that dedication to customer service that has kept us around these last 67 years.
What started out as AM radio service has grown into a full-service car audio center that offers everything from a simple upgrade to a full-blown, customized audio system. We also have branched out into working on all categories of vehicles, such as: Heavy equipment vehicles, Boats, Motorcycles and Large ships
As time evolved, so did Ralph’s. As we grew, we diversified into cellular, satellite and specialized communications products. We were the first TELUS dealer (formerly BC Tel Mobility) all the way back in 1985, and we are proud to still work with them to this day.
Ralph’s is a distribution partner for Stratos Global Communications, the world leader in satellite communication products and services.
We also got into manufacturing specialized 12 volt and wireless communication products, which include LED identification signs installed on large construction vehicles.
We also introduced our CareLine wireless product line, which includes wireless backup systems for telephone service and satellite transportable systems.
Ralph’s also owns MobileLine Systems Ltd., a service provider for satellite airtime and products. MobileLine provides airtime for the Iridium and Inmarsat networks, including the Iridium, OpenPort, BGAN, IsatPhone, Fleet Broadband and VSAT systems.
Ralph’s has three business groups:
- Mobile 12 volt – Car audio systems, alarms, GPS tracking
- Wireless – Cellular and satellite voice and data devices
- Commercial – Wireless system design, vehicle fleet installations, LED light systems
We pride ourselves on being vertically integrated. As our company has grown, we have added new people, products and machinery so we can produce what our customers need in-house. We have many employees who are on specific duty, specializing in one area to maximize effectiveness. It is one of the ways we can give our customers the best overall value.
Address and Contact Information
Ralphs Radio Ltd. (Vancouver Location)
220 East 1st Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V5T 1A5
Ralphs Radio Ltd. (Victoria Location)
815 View St.
Victoria, BC, V8W 1K1
- Vancouver Ford Client Gets Mustang GT350R Radar and Laser SystemA client of Ralph’s Radio from Vancouver recently dropped by to investigate options for radar detection and laser defense systems in his 2018 Ford Mustang GT350R and his 2010 Audi R8. After discussing where and how he drove the vehicles, we designed a set of Escort MAX CI 360 systems that would deliver the features and […] The post Vancouver Ford Client Gets Mustang GT350R Radar and ... read more
- Volkswagen Stereo Upgrade for Vancouver GTI ClientA repeat client of Ralph’s Radio recently dropped into our Vancouver store to talk about upgrading the stereo in his 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI. We had previously worked on the client’s Honda, and he wanted to transfer some of the equipment from that vehicle into his new car. Luckily, one of our employees also drives […] The post Volkswagen Stereo Upgrade for Vancouver GTI Client appeared ... read more
- Radar and Audio Upgrades for West Vancouver Range Rover ClientA client of ours from West Vancouver recently dropped into Ralph’s Radio to discuss options for a radar detector and audio system upgrade for his brand-new 2018 Land Rover Range Rover. After seeing some of the work we’ve done on other Range Rovers through one of the local owners’ groups, he knew we could deliver […] The post Radar and Audio Upgrades for West Vancouver Range ... read more
- Vancouver-based Porsche Boxster Client Gets Technology UpgradeThe Vancouver-based owner of this 2010 Porsche Boxster S recently dropped into Ralph’s Radio to inquire about upgrading the features and technology of the car’s entertainment system. The local Porsche dealership suggested that we could install a new radio with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration as well as built-in navigation for road trips. […] The post Vancouver-based Porsche Boxster Client Gets Technology Upgrade appeared ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Escort MAX Ci PlatformWhen it comes to protection against police speed traps, Ralph’s Radio clients in Vancouver and Victoria know that the Escort MAX Ci platform offers the best performance and flexibility available. The introduction of a la carte component offering from Escort, combined with an impressive array of vehicle-specific interfaces, sets a new standard for integrating custom […] The post Product Spotlight: Escort MAX Ci Platform appeared first ... read more
- Heated Car Seats Make Winter A Lot More BearableDid you know that Ralph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria can install aftermarket heated car seats in most vehicles? That’s right! Even if your car, truck or SUV didn’t come with seat heaters, our team of installation technicians can add high-quality, OEM-grade heating elements to almost any seat in your vehicle. Let’s look at how […] The post Heated Car Seats Make Winter A Lot More ... read more
- Ralph’s Radio Remote Starter Safety FeaturesClients of Ralph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria are often curious about the remote starter safety features included in the Compustar systems we install in their cars and trucks. Safety is a top concern for our team, and the way we install our remote starters is designed to ensure that our clients and anyone who […] The post Ralph’s Radio Remote Starter Safety Features appeared first ... read more
- Can My Factory Key Fob Remote Start My Car?Clients of Ralph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria often ask us if we offer factory key fob remote start solutions. For most vehicles on the road, we can install an interface module that will let you start the engine using the remote that came from the factory. Known as 3x Lock start, this feature is […] The post Can My Factory Key Fob Remote Start My ... read more
- Remote Starter Options ExplainedRalph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria offers a variety of remote starter options. From different styles of remotes to an extensive list of auxiliary features, our car starter solutions are customizable for the unique needs of our clients. This article will serve to explain what a remote starter can do, beyond just starting your car […] The post Remote Starter Options Explained appeared first on Ralphs ... read more
- DragonEye Lidar Detectable with Escort Radar DetectorsWhen it comes to protection against laser speed guns like the DragonEye, Escort radar detectors and laser defense systems from Ralph’s Radio in Vancouver and Victoria are the best defense available. Escort was founded in 1978 and has led the industry in radar and laser detection systems ever since. Its latest generation of MAX360 portable […] The post DragonEye Lidar Detectable with Escort Radar Detectors appeared ... read more