Our Clients are Number One
At Sweet Sounds we are a client satisfaction-driven group of automotive electronics experts and enthusiasts! We specialize in delivering thoughtful solutions at a great value. We’ve been in the Mankato area since 1993 and have an excellent reputation among our existing clientele and our community. Let us share some of our background and experience with you.
We began as a small shop with a deep desire to serve our community with the expertise of a professional car audio and electronics specialist that understands the local market. Along the way we’ve been deeply involved with the community and often participate in events and promotions that benefit the community. The Sweet Sounds demonstration vehicle has provided music and entertainment at local parades, charity events and school functions. Our on-staff experts have written mobile audio, remote starter and technology-based articles in the local newspaper and other community publications. More than anything we are living and working in the same community with which we are involved. Our clients are not just people with whom we do business; they are neighbors and friends.
Learn More About Sweet Sounds
We’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy many accolades over our years in business, both from our community and from our industry.
- BBB A+ Rating
- Compustar Regional Dealer of the Year (Annually since 2005)
- Featured as Focal-America Install of the Month
- Featured in the Mankato Free Press multiple times
- Features in the City Pages of the Twin Cities
- Multiple Magazine Features (10-4, Landline, ME-Mag, Auto Sound & Security)
- Created the exclusive Honest Price Quote on remote car starters
- 3x dB Drag Racing World Champions
- 8x dB Drag Racing World Record Holders
- Team Sweet Sounds in ’00
- Matt Brandsoy in ’00
- Team Sweet Sounds in ’01
- Matt Brandsoy in ’01 (x2)
- Mary Poncin (Dan Horner) in ’02 (x2)
- Team Jeremy Friederichs in ’03
- 3x Midwest SPL Champions
- 2012 Midwest SPL Region 2 Event of the Year
- Designer & Fabricator of the award winning CRX SPL box
Our proudest accolades come from the return business and positive reviews of our valued clientele.
Our expertise is based on extensive experience, but we’re also passionate about keeping up with the latest technologies and installation-related processes. This ensures we’re able to expertly match your in-vehicle technology needs with the reliability and performance our customers expect. We acquire our continuing education by attending vendor and industry-specific training events. We’ve travelled all over the country attending training events and we are one of just a handful of US retailers that has been trained at the Focal factory in Saint-Étienne, France. We’ll travel just about anywhere to learn and increase our knowledge of automotive electronics. We support ongoing education in one’s chosen field of work. That’s how we can call ourselves experts with confidence.
Clients Come First
Above all, we think the attribute that distinguishes Sweet Sounds from any other car electronics installation specialist is how we treat and value our clientele. Simply stated, we put the client first. It’s just how we do business. It’s why we’re different.
See for Yourself
Call us at (507) 345-8863 for a complimentary appointment and vehicle evaluation and allow us an opportunity to present uniquely thoughtful solutions for your vehicle technology needs. We’re eager to show you just why we’re the experts who put clients first.
Address and Contact Information
1418 N. Riverfront Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001
- North Mankato Client Upgrades Ranger 621VS Sound SystemSteve, a new client from North Mankato, contacted us regarding improving the sound system in his Ranger 621VS fishing boat. As a first step, Steve brought the boat over for a thorough client consultation so we could determine exactly what he desired in the new system. After considerable discussion of various options, we settled on replacing the failing radio and upgrading ... read more
- Long-range Kia Sorrento Remote Starter Solution for Mankato ClientAnother repeat client of ours, Nancy from Mankato, brought in her fresh-off-the-lot 2019 Kia Sorento for a few convenience upgrades. Sweet Sounds has long been known for being the experts in southern Minnesota when it comes to working on Kia vehicles and the tradition continues with the 2019 model year vehicles. As we all know Minnesota gets cold — really, really cold — ... read more
- Rover Range Remote Starter for Eagle Lake ClientsSince the early 1990s, customers from all over the United States have contacted the experts at Sweet Sounds when inquiring about remote car starters, especially when it comes to working on vehicles that other shops avoid due to their difficulty or rareness. The experts at Sweet Sounds have been working on Audi, Saab, Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Volvo and other less-common vehicles for ... read more
- Classic 1970 Chevy C/K 10 Audio System and Tint for Lewisville ClientJohn, another great long time client of ours, recently brought over his classic 1970 Chevy C/K 10 full-size truck for an audio system and window tint upgrade. We started off by applying window tint to the side and rear windows using Suntek Carbon series film. This lifetime-warranted film features a gorgeous smoke color that blends well with ... read more
- Upgrade Your Audio with the Sweet Sounds Car Audio SystemIf you live in the Mankato area and are looking for an easy way to upgrade the stereo in your car or truck, drop into Sweet Sounds and check out our Sony and Digital Design car audio system. We put this system together to make it easy for you to upgrade the technology and performance of your stereo system. Let’s look at what we include in this ... read more
- Sweet Sounds Highly Customized Suburban For SaleTHIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN SOLD. This landmark vehicle, a 1995 GMC Suburban that has been highly customized and raved about for years by everyone who has seen it, was valued at over $100,000. The vehicle features an amazing PPG Harlequin aka “Chameleon”, ” iridescent” or “Color Changing” paint job and an audio and video system that will amaze anyone who sets their eyes on it. The build, ... read more
- Polaris General Audio System for Le Sueur OffroaderA client from La Sueur recently visited Sweet Sounds while researching a 2015 Polaris General audio system upgrade. The client wanted something that sounded great and played loudly. After looking at the vehicle, we developed an audio upgrade solution that would use components from Rockford Fosgate, Memphis Car Audio and Focal. We wanted to deliver our client the performance he desired! Polaris Radio Upgrade We ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 & TMS69BL14If you own a Harley-Davidson and live near Blue Earth County, drop by Sweet Sounds to see the Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 and TMS69BL14 rear speaker systems. These unique new saddlebag lid speaker kits will more the double the output of your sound system. Let’s take a look at what these kits include and what makes them the best rear speaker option available. Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 and TMS69BL14 ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Alpine Halo 9If you are in the Mankato area and are looking for a unique source unit upgrade that includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, drop by Sweet Sounds and check out the new Alpine Halo 9. Known formally as the iLX-F309, this unit features a 9-inch display screen that floats in front of a compact radio chassis. This unique design allows the Halo 9 to work in ... read more
- New Store Hours beginning Monday, April 30th, 2018Beginning Monday, April 30th, 2018 our store hours will be: Monday – Friday 9AM – 6PM Saturday 10AM – 3PM Sunday Closed Thank you for your continued support. It has allowed us to thrive for the past 25 years. The post New Store Hours beginning Monday, April 30th, 2018 appeared first on Sweet Sounds. ... read more