Our Clients are Number One
At Sweet Sounds we are a client satisfaction-driven group of automotive electronics experts and enthusiasts! We specialize in delivering thoughtful solutions at a great value. We’ve been in the Mankato area since 1993 and have an excellent reputation among our existing clientele and our community. Let us share some of our background and experience with you.
We began as a small shop with a deep desire to serve our community with the expertise of a professional car audio and electronics specialist that understands the local market. Along the way we’ve been deeply involved with the community and often participate in events and promotions that benefit the community. The Sweet Sounds demonstration vehicle has provided music and entertainment at local parades, charity events and school functions. Our on-staff experts have written mobile audio, remote starter and technology-based articles in the local newspaper and other community publications. More than anything we are living and working in the same community with which we are involved. Our clients are not just people with whom we do business; they are neighbors and friends.
Learn More About Sweet Sounds
We’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy many accolades over our years in business, both from our community and from our industry.
- BBB A+ Rating
- Compustar Regional Dealer of the Year (Annually since 2005)
- Featured as Focal-America Install of the Month
- Featured in the Mankato Free Press multiple times
- Features in the City Pages of the Twin Cities
- Multiple Magazine Features (10-4, Landline, ME-Mag, Auto Sound & Security)
- Created the exclusive Honest Price Quote on remote car starters
- 3x dB Drag Racing World Champions
- 8x dB Drag Racing World Record Holders
- Team Sweet Sounds in ’00
- Matt Brandsoy in ’00
- Team Sweet Sounds in ’01
- Matt Brandsoy in ’01 (x2)
- Mary Poncin (Dan Horner) in ’02 (x2)
- Team Jeremy Friederichs in ’03
- 3x Midwest SPL Champions
- 2012 Midwest SPL Region 2 Event of the Year
- Designer & Fabricator of the award winning CRX SPL box
Our proudest accolades come from the return business and positive reviews of our valued clientele.
Our expertise is based on extensive experience, but we’re also passionate about keeping up with the latest technologies and installation-related processes. This ensures we’re able to expertly match your in-vehicle technology needs with the reliability and performance our customers expect. We acquire our continuing education by attending vendor and industry-specific training events. We’ve travelled all over the country attending training events and we are one of just a handful of US retailers that has been trained at the Focal factory in Saint-Étienne, France. We’ll travel just about anywhere to learn and increase our knowledge of automotive electronics. We support ongoing education in one’s chosen field of work. That’s how we can call ourselves experts with confidence.
Clients Come First
Above all, we think the attribute that distinguishes Sweet Sounds from any other car electronics installation specialist is how we treat and value our clientele. Simply stated, we put the client first. It’s just how we do business. It’s why we’re different.
See for Yourself
Call us at (507) 345-8863 for a complimentary appointment and vehicle evaluation and allow us an opportunity to present uniquely thoughtful solutions for your vehicle technology needs. We’re eager to show you just why we’re the experts who put clients first.
Address and Contact Information
1418 N. Riverfront Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001
- Motorcycle, Marine and Powersports Audio by Rockford FosgateSweets Sounds in Mankato is proud to announce that we have added the Rockford Fosgate brand to our powersports and marine audio system solutions. Rockford is a leader in the development of marine, motorcycle and side-by-side vehicle audio products. They have been developing premium mobile audio products since 1973. From their state-of-the-art amplifier technologies to robust speakers and subwoofers that sound amazing, their audio upgrade solutions are ... read more
- Professional Marine Audio Upgrades by Sweet SoundsA client recently brought this gorgeous Centurion Ski boat to Sweet Sounds in Mankato to discuss his options for marine audio upgrades. He loved everything about the boat but felt the audio system fell short in terms of bass and system control. We had a look at the design of the audio system and cranked it up in an attempt to qualify where it was falling short. ... read more
- Mankato Winnebago Era Audio and Video System UpgradeA client from Mankato recently dropped into Sweet Sounds to discuss his Winnebago Era audio system. Winnebago builds the Era on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis just a few hours south of our location, so we get to see these often. This client has plans to travel all across the country and wanted features and performance equivalent to his daily-driven vehicle. After looking at the motorhome and ... read more
- Polaris General Audio System for Le Sueur OffroaderA client from La Sueur recently visited Sweet Sounds while researching a 2015 Polaris General audio system upgrade. The client wanted something that sounded great and played loudly. After looking at the vehicle, we developed an audio upgrade solution that would use components from Rockford Fosgate, Memphis Car Audio and Focal. We wanted to deliver our client the performance he desired! Polaris Radio Upgrade We ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 & TMS69BL14If you own a Harley-Davidson and live near Blue Earth County, drop by Sweet Sounds to see the Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 and TMS69BL14 rear speaker systems. These unique new saddlebag lid speaker kits will more the double the output of your sound system. Let’s take a look at what these kits include and what makes them the best rear speaker option available. Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 and TMS69BL14 ... read more
- Mankato Client Gets Custom Rat Rod Audio SystemAnother great client of ours, Jeff from Mankato, brought in his highly customized 1950 rat rod. The audio system had to get loud yet stay crystal clear to overcome the extreme road and exhaust noise when he was on the road. The Sweet Sounds crew was up to the task and suggested a system with Focal ... read more
- Throwback Installation: Nissan Altima Audio Upgrade for Mankato ClientWe’re digging into the archives for this post. A few years back, a great long-time client of ours named Cody wanted to get killer sound without taking up his entire trunk with a big subwoofer box. In addition, since he was carrying lots of tools in the trunk, everything had to be very durable. As usual, Sweet ... read more
- Chevy Silverado Subwoofer System for Minnetonka ClientLuke recently contacted us regarding some upgrades he was really looking forward to adding to his 2017 Silverado. First up was getting a serious audio upgrade to the subwoofers. While this particular Silverado came with a factory subwoofer it just wasn’t delivering what Luke desired. So we recommended adding two 12″ Memphis Audio Bass Reference series drivers powered by a 1,000W ... read more
- Classic Car Audio Installation is Best Left to the ProfessionalsIf you are in the Mankato area, then Sweet Sounds is the place to go for classic car audio installation services. We have worked on countless classic cars over the years, and we understand how to maximize the performance of the sound systems we install without affecting the appearance or value of the vehicle. Let’s look at how we can make your classic sound as good as ... read more
- Chevy Silverado Camera Backup Camera for North Mankato ClientNicholas brought in his 2014 Chevy Silverado with the factory MyLink system, looking for a backup camera solution. As with any full-size vehicle, it is nearly impossible to see right behind your Silverado. A number backup camera options are available and some are better than others. For this truck, Nicholas wanted a clean, non-intrusive installation, so we chose a backup camera ... read more