Our Clients are Number One
At Sweet Sounds we are a client satisfaction-driven group of automotive electronics experts and enthusiasts! We specialize in delivering thoughtful solutions at a great value. We’ve been in the Mankato area since 1993 and have an excellent reputation among our existing clientele and our community. Let us share some of our background and experience with you.
We began as a small shop with a deep desire to serve our community with the expertise of a professional car audio and electronics specialist that understands the local market. Along the way we’ve been deeply involved with the community and often participate in events and promotions that benefit the community. The Sweet Sounds demonstration vehicle has provided music and entertainment at local parades, charity events and school functions. Our on-staff experts have written mobile audio, remote starter and technology-based articles in the local newspaper and other community publications. More than anything we are living and working in the same community with which we are involved. Our clients are not just people with whom we do business; they are neighbors and friends.
Learn More About Sweet Sounds
We’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy many accolades over our years in business, both from our community and from our industry.
- BBB A+ Rating
- Compustar Regional Dealer of the Year (Annually since 2005)
- Featured as Focal-America Install of the Month
- Featured in the Mankato Free Press multiple times
- Features in the City Pages of the Twin Cities
- Multiple Magazine Features (10-4, Landline, ME-Mag, Auto Sound & Security)
- Created the exclusive Honest Price Quote on remote car starters
- 3x dB Drag Racing World Champions
- 8x dB Drag Racing World Record Holders
- Team Sweet Sounds in ’00
- Matt Brandsoy in ’00
- Team Sweet Sounds in ’01
- Matt Brandsoy in ’01 (x2)
- Mary Poncin (Dan Horner) in ’02 (x2)
- Team Jeremy Friederichs in ’03
- 3x Midwest SPL Champions
- 2012 Midwest SPL Region 2 Event of the Year
- Designer & Fabricator of the award winning CRX SPL box
Our proudest accolades come from the return business and positive reviews of our valued clientele.
Our expertise is based on extensive experience, but we’re also passionate about keeping up with the latest technologies and installation-related processes. This ensures we’re able to expertly match your in-vehicle technology needs with the reliability and performance our customers expect. We acquire our continuing education by attending vendor and industry-specific training events. We’ve travelled all over the country attending training events and we are one of just a handful of US retailers that has been trained at the Focal factory in Saint-Étienne, France. We’ll travel just about anywhere to learn and increase our knowledge of automotive electronics. We support ongoing education in one’s chosen field of work. That’s how we can call ourselves experts with confidence.
Clients Come First
Above all, we think the attribute that distinguishes Sweet Sounds from any other car electronics installation specialist is how we treat and value our clientele. Simply stated, we put the client first. It’s just how we do business. It’s why we’re different.
See for Yourself
Call us at (507) 345-8863 for a complimentary appointment and vehicle evaluation and allow us an opportunity to present uniquely thoughtful solutions for your vehicle technology needs. We’re eager to show you just why we’re the experts who put clients first.
Address and Contact Information
1418 N. Riverfront Dr.
Mankato, MN 56001
- Upgrade Your Audio with the Sweet Sounds Car Audio SystemIf you live in the Mankato area and are looking for an easy way to upgrade the stereo in your car or truck, drop into Sweet Sounds and check out our Sony and Digital Design car audio system. We put this system together to make it easy for you to upgrade the technology and performance of your stereo system. Let’s look at what we include in this ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Compustar PRO T12 Remote Car Starter (RF-P2wT12-SS)Compustar Pro T12. The BEST! Yes, it really is that simple. The Compustar Pro T12, aka RF-P2wT12-SS is the best RF based electric car stater ever made. Fresh for the 2019 model year, the Pro T12 replaces the Pro T11 auto start. As we have long preached, the three most important features of a remote start are 1) two way communication 2) long range and 3) great reliability. In our ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Sony MEX-GS820BT GS Series High Power RadioIf you are in the market for a new head unit for your car, truck or SUV, the Sony MEX-GS820BT is likely the perfect product for you. It offers legendary Sony GS series quality in a unit that has been designed to provide more power than any other radio on the market. EXTREME POWER! It all starts with power. The amplifier inside this Sony unit is so ... read more
- Morristown Client Chooses 2008 VW Beetle Stereo System OverhaulAngie L. from Morristown brought her 2008 VW Beetle to us for an audio upgrade. After a quick consultation to determine exactly what she wanted, we were able to recommend a system that would deliver the goods. Achieving great sound in a convertible requires good audio components throughout the chain, so nothing from the original factory system would be ... read more
- North Mankato Client Upgrades Crestliner Fish Hawk Stereo SystemJim from North Mankato brought his new Crestliner 1650 Fish Hawk to the experts at Sweet Sounds to have a new audio system installed. A number of the employees at Sweet Sounds are avid boaters and fishermen, and were well aware of what would make this boat sound great without breaking the bank. The simple system consisted of ... read more
- Mankato Winnebago Era Audio and Video System UpgradeA client from Mankato recently dropped into Sweet Sounds to discuss his Winnebago Era audio system. Winnebago builds the Era on a Mercedes Benz Sprinter chassis just a few hours south of our location, so we get to see these often. This client has plans to travel all across the country and wanted features and performance equivalent to his daily-driven vehicle. After looking at the motorhome and ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 & TMS69BL14If you own a Harley-Davidson and live near Blue Earth County, drop by Sweet Sounds to see the Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 and TMS69BL14 rear speaker systems. These unique new saddlebag lid speaker kits will more the double the output of your sound system. Let’s take a look at what these kits include and what makes them the best rear speaker option available. Rockford Fosgate TMS69BL9813 and TMS69BL14 ... read more
- New Store Hours beginning Monday, April 30th, 2018Beginning Monday, April 30th, 2018 our store hours will be: Monday – Friday 9AM – 6PM Saturday 10AM – 3PM Sunday Closed Thank you for your continued support. It has allowed us to thrive for the past 25 years. The post New Store Hours beginning Monday, April 30th, 2018 appeared first on Sweet Sounds. ... read more
- Massive Fleetwood Discovery Audio & Video Upgrade for Mapleton ClientA long-time client from Mapleton recently contacted Sweet Sounds to inquire about upgrading his 2006 Fleetwood Discovery audio system. He brought the gorgeous Class A motorhome to the shop so we could have a look at the vehicle and discuss the upgrades he wanted. Interior Audio System Upgrades The client wanted a much larger, and higher quality TV in the motorhome. Our team ... read more
- 2015 Yeti Fish House Audio Upgrades for Glencoe ClientAbout a year ago, when we did some work for Jesse, we discussed upgrading the audio system in his Yeti Extreme ice fishing house. We jotted down some notes and when Jesse came in over a recent holiday weekend, we reviewed the plans and scheduled a time to move forward with the project. This unit previously had a radio in it, ... read more