WSS Westminster Speed & Sound is conveniently located just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland. We are an award winning retailer that specializes in car audio and other mobile electronics coupled with a wide selection of truck accessories and performance parts. Since 1969 we have been giving our customers the kind of service that makes them want to come back. We are now on our 3rd generation of customers and we are honored and humbled by that.
Learn More About WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
We have won numerous awards such as Best Car Stereo Shop by Baltimore Magazine, and we are a multiple time winner of one of the Top Mobile Electronics Retailers in the Nation by Mobile Electronics Magazine.
We have been trusted by major companies like the Trek bicycle race team and the Lexus race team to outfit their vehicles.
We house one of the most unique, best sounding demo rooms on the east coast. There we can give you live demonstrations of the products we are suggesting and give you a good representation of how your vehicle will sound when completed.
Of course nothing is as good as a demo in a vehicle and on any given day we have multiple vehicles outfitted with different equipment so you can see and hear what we have to offer you. It is an expensive proposition to keep an active fleet of vehicles for demonstration purposes, but we feel it is a necessary part of what we do and who we are.
Here at WSS Westminster Speed & Sound we take our relationship with you very seriously. We know you are the reason for our success since 1969 and we promise to give you the best buying experience you have ever had. Whether you just need to get your broken car stereo system repaired or have a full tilt, “concert on wheels” system installed, we will treat you with fairness and respect.
If your tendencies run more towards outfitting your truck, car, or SUV with the latest accessories or performance parts, we understand you. We are always researching new trends and looking for the best products to offer our customers.
As always, we offer installation on almost everything we sell. We employ highly skilled technicians and supply them with all the specialty tools they require so they can do your installation right the first time.
I encourage you to call us, Contact Us, or just stop in. We will go out to your vehicle with you, scope it out, and get to know you better. We will then offer you what we feel are the best products to help you achieve your goals with your vehicle.
And we will follow it up with great customer service after the sale. You see, we are not in this for a one time sale. We focus on developing long term relationships with our customers.
I am confident you will not be disappointed.
Mark P Miller, President, WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
Address and Contact Information
Westminster Speed and Sound
202 Pennsylvania Ave
Westminster, MD 21157
- Car Audio Electrical Theory — Wiring Loads in Series and ParallelWe’ll continue our introduction to the basics of car audio electrical theory by talking about wiring loads in series and parallel. Understanding the characteristics of each wiring option and how it relates to power delivery and current consumption is crucial in choosing the right speakers for your sound system. All reputable mobile enhancement retailers know the basics of series and parallel wiring by heart and can help ... read more
- Car Audio Electrical Theory — Calculating Work and Power in DC CircuitsIn our ongoing series of articles about car audio electrical theory, we are going to introduce the concept of alternating current power sources and signals. Understanding the basics of AC is crucial to understanding how a mobile audio system works. This article uses a lot of references to the electricity delivery systems used in our homes and offices to help establish a basic understanding of AC circuits. ... read more
- Baltimore Client Comes to WSS for Porsche 911 Audio SystemA client from Baltimore recently contacted Westminster Speed and Sound to discuss options for upgrading his 2006 Porsche 911 audio system. The factory radio and speakers had suffered water damage and had to be replaced. He also wanted something that would still sound great when he had the roof folded down. After inspecting the vehicle and auditioning several products in our showroom, we designed a simple yet ... read more
- Car Audio Electrical Theory — The Basics and Ohm’s LawFor several years, the Best Car Audio team has provided articles on the features, functions and benefits of all manner of car audio products and services. Well into our third year, it’s time to go back to the basics and talk about the fundamental theories of electricity and how they relate to our car audio systems. Grab something to drink, get comfortable and enjoy: It’s time to ... read more
- Ford F-350 Audio and Accessory Upgrades for Baltimore ClientA client from Baltimore recently contacted Westminster Speed and Sound to discuss upgrading his 2013 Ford F-350 audio system. We met with the client to understand what he liked about the existing audio system and what aspects he wanted to improve. Next, we invited the client to listen to several products in our showroom as we designed a solution that would deliver the sound he wanted. Ford ... read more
- Product Spotlight: AudioControl LC-1.1500 Mono Subwoofer AmplifierIt isn’t hard to notice that AudioControl hasn’t eased up on its delivery of amazing new mobile audio product solutions. The latest addition to the AudioControl family is the high-power LC-1.1500 subwoofer amplifier. Rated to produce 1,500 watts of continuous power and equipped with the integration and audio processing features you’ve come to expect from AudioControl, this new monoblock is sure to be a huge hit! AudioControl ... read more
- GPS Vehicle Tracking SystemsDo you wish you could keep an eye on your kids when they borrow the family car or know where your fleet of work trucks are at any time? A GPS-based tracking system is an easy way to keep tabs on your vehicle. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the options for vehicle locating and tracking systems and, of course, explain how they work. How Does ... read more
- Westminster Client Updates Ford F-150 Technology and SoundA repeat client came to Westminster Speed and Sound looking for a technology upgrade in his 2015 Ford F-150. One of our team members looked over the truck to see how it came equipped from the factory. That also gave us the opportunity to sit in it and listen as the client explained his goals for the upgrades. After giving him a demo of ... read more
- Taneytown Client Adds Ram 2500 Side Steps and Fender FlaresA client from Taneytown stopped by Westminster Speed and Sound, looking to add some accessories to his 2016 Ram 2500. After spending some time with the client, we realized that a set of side steps and some fender flares were his primary needs. After looking over the truck and spending time getting to know the client better, our team suggested the Amp ... read more
- Baltimore Client Adds BMW 328i Backup Camera and 3M TintA client from Baltimore contacted Westminster Speed and Sound about adding a backup camera to their 2016 BMW 328i. After getting to know the client, understanding the vehicle and exploring options, our team suggested integrating a camera to the factory color screen in the dash. During our conversation, the topic of window tint came up and the client decided to add our ... read more