WSS Westminster Speed & Sound is conveniently located just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland. We are an award winning retailer that specializes in car audio and other mobile electronics coupled with a wide selection of truck accessories and performance parts. Since 1969 we have been giving our customers the kind of service that makes them want to come back. We are now on our 3rd generation of customers and we are honored and humbled by that.
Learn More About WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
We have won numerous awards such as Best Car Stereo Shop by Baltimore Magazine, and we are a multiple time winner of one of the Top Mobile Electronics Retailers in the Nation by Mobile Electronics Magazine.
We have been trusted by major companies like the Trek bicycle race team and the Lexus race team to outfit their vehicles.
We house one of the most unique, best sounding demo rooms on the east coast. There we can give you live demonstrations of the products we are suggesting and give you a good representation of how your vehicle will sound when completed.
Of course nothing is as good as a demo in a vehicle and on any given day we have multiple vehicles outfitted with different equipment so you can see and hear what we have to offer you. It is an expensive proposition to keep an active fleet of vehicles for demonstration purposes, but we feel it is a necessary part of what we do and who we are.
Here at WSS Westminster Speed & Sound we take our relationship with you very seriously. We know you are the reason for our success since 1969 and we promise to give you the best buying experience you have ever had. Whether you just need to get your broken car stereo system repaired or have a full tilt, “concert on wheels” system installed, we will treat you with fairness and respect.
If your tendencies run more towards outfitting your truck, car, or SUV with the latest accessories or performance parts, we understand you. We are always researching new trends and looking for the best products to offer our customers.
As always, we offer installation on almost everything we sell. We employ highly skilled technicians and supply them with all the specialty tools they require so they can do your installation right the first time.
I encourage you to call us, Contact Us, or just stop in. We will go out to your vehicle with you, scope it out, and get to know you better. We will then offer you what we feel are the best products to help you achieve your goals with your vehicle.
And we will follow it up with great customer service after the sale. You see, we are not in this for a one time sale. We focus on developing long term relationships with our customers.
I am confident you will not be disappointed.
Mark P Miller, President, WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
Address and Contact Information
Westminster Speed and Sound
202 Pennsylvania Ave
Westminster, MD 21157
- Product Spotlight: Audison Prima SubwoofersThe Prima series of amplifiers and speakers from Audison is highly regarded for its installation flexibility and impressive performance. The most recent additions to the Prima line are three new component subwoofers and five loaded subwoofer enclosures. Like the Prima amps and speakers, the new Audison Prima subwoofers are designed as a perfect upgrade to any factory-installed audio system. Prima Shallow-Mount Subwoofers The new Prima subwoofers include ... read more
- Do I Need a Digital Signal Processor?Signal processing is nothing new to car audio. In the ’80s we had stand-alone equalizers, crossovers and even phase-shifting devices — all designed to help your installer make your car audio system sound better. Lately, the focus in audio signal processing has shifted from analog to the digital domain. There are now dozens of stand-alone digital signal processors available and even more amplifiers with integrated DSP technology. ... read more
- Top 20 Automotive Enhancement Services Offered at Local RetailersIf you are like most people, you may think that your local car stereo shop specializes in custom audio systems, speaker replacements and, if they have marketed themselves well, remote car starter installations. The reality is, many mobile enhancement retailers offer a variety of automotive enhancement services that extend well beyond audio system sales and service. Let’s have a look at some of the service options that ... read more
- Digital Signal Processor System DesignWhen it comes to creating an audio system that sounds amazing, incorporating a digital signal processor into the system gives your installer the tools required to compensate for the majority of the limitations that vehicles impose. To maximize the benefit, a digital signal processor system design needs to take the features and benefits of a processor into consideration. In this article, we are going to explain some ... read more
- Car Audio TechnologiesJust as the invention of the transistor eliminated the need for vacuum tubes, advances in technology allow us to create new and unique entertainment solutions with more and more features. We thought it would be fun to take a quick look at a few important car audio technologies throughout history. Transistors The first car radios used vacuum tubes as integral parts of their tuner and amplifier circuitry. ... read more
- Finksburg Client Adds Chevy Suburban Radar Detector SolutionA repeat client from Finksburg came to Westminster Speed and Sound with his 2017 Chevy Suburban. He wanted us to install his Escort 9500ci custom-installed laser and radar detector that we had previously added to another vehicle for him. One of our team looked over the SUV with the client and gave him ideas for placement of key components. He liked our ... read more
- Sykesville Client Chooses Ford F-150 Retractable BedcoverA repeat client with a 2016 Ford F150 stopped by Westminster Speed and Sound looking to add some accessories to his truck. First on his agenda was a bed cover, so we showed him several of our models. He was instantly drawn to the Roll N Lock retractable hardcover, one of our favorites. The design of this cover allows it to retract completely ... read more
- Union Bridge Client Adds 2015 Ford Expedition Window TintA client from Union Bridge came to Westminster Speed & Sound interested in having the front windows tinted on his 2015 Ford Expedition. In spending time talking with him, we explained the benefit of installing film on all the windows. By doing this, you get a 99% reduction in the sun’s damaging UV rays at all seating positions, as well as a bigger ... read more
- Bang For Your Buck: Car Audio Speaker TechnologiesWe recently talked about the difference between good and great speakers. In a nutshell, when you choose great speakers, you get more power handling, the potential for more output and dramatically improved clarity, thanks to a reduction in distortion. In this issue of Bang for Your Buck, we are going to look at two car audio speaker technologies that reduce distortion. This article will be a true ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Sony XM-GS6DSPSony introduced its new six-channel XM-GS6DSP amplifier at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show. This amplifier is targeted at OEM integration and upgrade solutions. It delivers up to 45 watts of power from its four main channels and up to 600 watts from the pair of subwoofer channels. This amp combines easy-to-use analog crossovers and integrated digital signal processing for time correction and equalization to proficient installers to ... read more