WSS Westminster Speed & Sound is conveniently located just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland. We are an award winning retailer that specializes in car audio and other mobile electronics coupled with a wide selection of truck accessories and performance parts. Since 1969 we have been giving our customers the kind of service that makes them want to come back. We are now on our 3rd generation of customers and we are honored and humbled by that.
Learn More About WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
We have won numerous awards such as Best Car Stereo Shop by Baltimore Magazine, and we are a multiple time winner of one of the Top Mobile Electronics Retailers in the Nation by Mobile Electronics Magazine.
We have been trusted by major companies like the Trek bicycle race team and the Lexus race team to outfit their vehicles.
We house one of the most unique, best sounding demo rooms on the east coast. There we can give you live demonstrations of the products we are suggesting and give you a good representation of how your vehicle will sound when completed.
Of course nothing is as good as a demo in a vehicle and on any given day we have multiple vehicles outfitted with different equipment so you can see and hear what we have to offer you. It is an expensive proposition to keep an active fleet of vehicles for demonstration purposes, but we feel it is a necessary part of what we do and who we are.
Here at WSS Westminster Speed & Sound we take our relationship with you very seriously. We know you are the reason for our success since 1969 and we promise to give you the best buying experience you have ever had. Whether you just need to get your broken car stereo system repaired or have a full tilt, “concert on wheels” system installed, we will treat you with fairness and respect.
If your tendencies run more towards outfitting your truck, car, or SUV with the latest accessories or performance parts, we understand you. We are always researching new trends and looking for the best products to offer our customers.
As always, we offer installation on almost everything we sell. We employ highly skilled technicians and supply them with all the specialty tools they require so they can do your installation right the first time.
I encourage you to call us, Contact Us, or just stop in. We will go out to your vehicle with you, scope it out, and get to know you better. We will then offer you what we feel are the best products to help you achieve your goals with your vehicle.
And we will follow it up with great customer service after the sale. You see, we are not in this for a one time sale. We focus on developing long term relationships with our customers.
I am confident you will not be disappointed.
Mark P Miller, President, WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
Address and Contact Information
Westminster Speed and Sound
202 Pennsylvania Ave
Westminster, MD 21157
- Upgrading Your Car Stereo SystemIn the ’80s, ’90s and early part of the 2000s, upgrading the car stereo system in your vehicle was a relatively simple process. You’d start by picking out a new radio that offered the features you wanted and add a set of speakers to improve the sound of the system. Pretty much anyone with a basic understanding of electrical systems could use a wire harness adapter to ... read more
- Repeat Client Gets 2011 Ford Mustang GT500 Upgraded With CarPlayA repeat client from Reisterstown came to Westminster Speed & Sound with his beautiful 2011 Ford Mustang GT500 – the Shelby. This time, he was looking to modernize the technology in the dash. At the top of his list were Apple CarPlay and GPS navigation. After looking over the car and exploring options, we worked up a proposal that he liked, so ... read more
- Porsche 911 Paint Protection Film and Audio Upgrades for Baltimore ClientA client from Baltimore recently visited Westminster Speed and Sound to inquire about paint protection film and radio upgrade options for his 2008 Porsche 911 Targa 4S. We had a look at the vehicle to determine which surfaces would benefit most from protective film, then talked to the client about what features he felt the radio was missing. With a firm understanding of the client’s expectations, we ... read more
- Safely Using Your Smartphone in Your CarIn 1982, Michael Knight was able to talk to his 1982 Pontiac Firebird and ask it for navigation directions. Of course, watching “Knight Rider” meant that we understood that KITT was make-believe. Fast-forward 35 years, and talking to our vehicles is now a reality, thanks to our smartphone. The modern smartphone, be it an iPhone or a device running the Android operating system, is more of ... read more
- Be Wary of Top 10 ListsNot too long ago, we saw a discussion about an article called “The 12 Best Tweeters (Reviews & Ultimate Buying Guide 2018).” Being curious, we decided to check the article out to see what criteria they used to choose the products and how they tested them. Much to our dismay, there were no criteria, nor was there any testing or a simple performance review. So, what was ... read more
- Ford F-350 Audio and Accessory Upgrades for Baltimore ClientA client from Baltimore recently contacted Westminster Speed and Sound to discuss upgrading his 2013 Ford F-350 audio system. We met with the client to understand what he liked about the existing audio system and what aspects he wanted to improve. Next, we invited the client to listen to several products in our showroom as we designed a solution that would deliver the sound he wanted. Ford ... read more
- Glenwood Client Gets Jeep Wrangler Technology & Audio UpgradeA client from Glenwood recently contacted Westminster Speed and Sound to discuss a 2018 Jeep Wrangler technology and audio system project. The client has known about our shop for several decades. With the performance and styling upgrades complete on his Jeep, he was excited to enlist our services to upgrade the meager entertainment system that came with the vehicle. After a thorough consultation, we designed a sound ... read more
- Aftermarket Collision Avoidance TechnologiesAutomakers constantly strive to make new cars, trucks and SUVs as safe as possible. The design and materials used in new vehicle chassis make them stronger, more rigid and safer than ever before. Technologies like backup cameras, blind spot monitoring, active lane keep assist, multi-view camera systems, rear cross traffic alerts and autonomous braking dramatically reduce the chance of having an accident. Up until only a few ... read more
- Where to Buy Motorcycle Audio UpgradesIt’s the middle of the summer, and motorcycle enthusiasts are on their way to the Sturgis Rally for 10 days of music, food and motorcycle fun. One of the fastest growing categories in the mobile electronics industry has been motorcycle audio upgrades. In this article, we’ll provide a few tips and suggestions to ensure that your investment in new audio equipment for your bike will last you ... read more
- Wireless CarPlay and Android AutoApple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration systems are extremely popular features found in aftermarket source units from all the key brands. The technology behind CarPlay and Android Auto continue to evolve, and in the summer of 2017, the aftermarket industry saw the introduction of wireless CarPlay connectivity. Android followed suit in 2018 with a comparable solution that didn’t require cables. Let’s take a look at how ... read more