WSS Westminster Speed & Sound is conveniently located just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland. We are an award winning retailer that specializes in car audio and other mobile electronics coupled with a wide selection of truck accessories and performance parts. Since 1969 we have been giving our customers the kind of service that makes them want to come back. We are now on our 3rd generation of customers and we are honored and humbled by that.
Learn More About WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
We have won numerous awards such as Best Car Stereo Shop by Baltimore Magazine, and we are a multiple time winner of one of the Top Mobile Electronics Retailers in the Nation by Mobile Electronics Magazine.
We have been trusted by major companies like the Trek bicycle race team and the Lexus race team to outfit their vehicles.
We house one of the most unique, best sounding demo rooms on the east coast. There we can give you live demonstrations of the products we are suggesting and give you a good representation of how your vehicle will sound when completed.
Of course nothing is as good as a demo in a vehicle and on any given day we have multiple vehicles outfitted with different equipment so you can see and hear what we have to offer you. It is an expensive proposition to keep an active fleet of vehicles for demonstration purposes, but we feel it is a necessary part of what we do and who we are.
Here at WSS Westminster Speed & Sound we take our relationship with you very seriously. We know you are the reason for our success since 1969 and we promise to give you the best buying experience you have ever had. Whether you just need to get your broken car stereo system repaired or have a full tilt, “concert on wheels” system installed, we will treat you with fairness and respect.
If your tendencies run more towards outfitting your truck, car, or SUV with the latest accessories or performance parts, we understand you. We are always researching new trends and looking for the best products to offer our customers.
As always, we offer installation on almost everything we sell. We employ highly skilled technicians and supply them with all the specialty tools they require so they can do your installation right the first time.
I encourage you to call us, Contact Us, or just stop in. We will go out to your vehicle with you, scope it out, and get to know you better. We will then offer you what we feel are the best products to help you achieve your goals with your vehicle.
And we will follow it up with great customer service after the sale. You see, we are not in this for a one time sale. We focus on developing long term relationships with our customers.
I am confident you will not be disappointed.
Mark P Miller, President, WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
Address and Contact Information
Westminster Speed and Sound
202 Pennsylvania Ave
Westminster, MD 21157
- Understanding the Specs – Amplifier Power RatingsWelcome to our new series about understanding product specifications. Our goal in these articles is to help you understand what the amplifier power ratings mean when you start to compare solutions. We’ll not only explain which numbers are good, but we’ll include a detailed description of what each specification means, how it’s measured and how it affects what you hear or experience. To start the series, let’s ... read more
- Are High-Efficiency Speakers Better?If you are an avid car audio enthusiast, it’s likely that you’ve seen photos of or heard systems that use high-efficiency pro audio style speakers. These drivers were designed for PA systems at concerts and can produce impressive output levels with moderate levels of power from an amp. In this article, we are going to look at the benefits and drawbacks of using pro-sound speakers in applications ... read more
- Vehicle-Specific Audio UpgradesDid you know that in Europe, there aren’t nearly the number of qualified car audio installers that there are here in North America? In some countries, shops that primarily sell wheels and tires are the most popular choice for purchasing and installing audio system upgrades. Manufacturers that want to provide consumers with premium sound system upgrades have turned to developing vehicle-specific audio upgrades that don’t require any ... read more
- The Basics of Sound and How it WorksUnderstanding how to recreate music in our vehicles is a complicated science. Balancing speaker sizes and locations with the goal of recreating what the recording engineer heard in the mastering studio or, at the very least, making your system enjoyable isn’t always easy. We want to take a look at the physics behind sound and explain a few fundamentals of how sound works to help you understand ... read more
- Hanover Harley-Davidson Client Gets Upgraded Audio for Ultra LimitedA client from Hanover, Pennsylvania, came to Westminster Speed and Sound looking to upgrade the motorcycle audio system on his 2017 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited Low. A member of our team spent time looking over the bike with the client to see how it was equipped. In typical fashion, what we found was that the stereo system couldn’t be heard while at speed and the sound quality was ... read more
- Functional Upgrades for Local Client’s 2018 Ram 2500 TruckA local client came to Westminster Speed & Sound looking to do several upgrades to his 2018 Ram 2500 truck. One of our team went out to the vehicle and looked it over with him, spending time on getting to know how the Ram gets used over the course of an average week. We explored various options to address his ideas. When ... read more
- Ten Steps To Better Car AudioLet’s face it, most of us aren’t really happy with the stereo system that comes in our car. Sure, if you bought a Lexus with a top-of-the-line Mark Levinson system, you’re more than likely content. For the rest of us, the good news is that for a very reasonable investment, you can upgrade the performance of your sound system quickly and easily. In this article, we’ll look ... read more
- Hanover Client Gets Wireless CarPlay Upgrade for a 2017 Jeep WranglerA client from Hanover came to Westminster Speed & Sound with his 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, looking to add CarPlay to his vehicle. One of our team looked over the truck with him to see how it was equipped from the factory. After exploring options, the client settled on the Alpine iLX-107 wireless version. This model is unique in that it communicates ... read more
- Backup Camera Upgrade for 2014 Mercedes SLK230A client from Finksburg contacted us at Westminster Speed and Sound, looking to add a backup camera to his wife’s 2014 Mercedes SLK230. We scheduled a consultation at our facility so we could look over the car with him. When he arrived, we noticed it had the color screen in the dash, so we looked for a solution that would use it ... read more
- Repeat Client Gets 2011 Ford Mustang GT500 Upgraded With CarPlayA repeat client from Reisterstown came to Westminster Speed & Sound with his beautiful 2011 Ford Mustang GT500 – the Shelby. This time, he was looking to modernize the technology in the dash. At the top of his list were Apple CarPlay and GPS navigation. After looking over the car and exploring options, we worked up a proposal that he liked, so ... read more