WSS Westminster Speed & Sound is conveniently located just 20 minutes north of Baltimore, Maryland. We are an award winning retailer that specializes in car audio and other mobile electronics coupled with a wide selection of truck accessories and performance parts. Since 1969 we have been giving our customers the kind of service that makes them want to come back. We are now on our 3rd generation of customers and we are honored and humbled by that.
Learn More About WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
We have won numerous awards such as Best Car Stereo Shop by Baltimore Magazine, and we are a multiple time winner of one of the Top Mobile Electronics Retailers in the Nation by Mobile Electronics Magazine.
We have been trusted by major companies like the Trek bicycle race team and the Lexus race team to outfit their vehicles.
We house one of the most unique, best sounding demo rooms on the east coast. There we can give you live demonstrations of the products we are suggesting and give you a good representation of how your vehicle will sound when completed.
Of course nothing is as good as a demo in a vehicle and on any given day we have multiple vehicles outfitted with different equipment so you can see and hear what we have to offer you. It is an expensive proposition to keep an active fleet of vehicles for demonstration purposes, but we feel it is a necessary part of what we do and who we are.
Here at WSS Westminster Speed & Sound we take our relationship with you very seriously. We know you are the reason for our success since 1969 and we promise to give you the best buying experience you have ever had. Whether you just need to get your broken car stereo system repaired or have a full tilt, “concert on wheels” system installed, we will treat you with fairness and respect.
If your tendencies run more towards outfitting your truck, car, or SUV with the latest accessories or performance parts, we understand you. We are always researching new trends and looking for the best products to offer our customers.
As always, we offer installation on almost everything we sell. We employ highly skilled technicians and supply them with all the specialty tools they require so they can do your installation right the first time.
I encourage you to call us, Contact Us, or just stop in. We will go out to your vehicle with you, scope it out, and get to know you better. We will then offer you what we feel are the best products to help you achieve your goals with your vehicle.
And we will follow it up with great customer service after the sale. You see, we are not in this for a one time sale. We focus on developing long term relationships with our customers.
I am confident you will not be disappointed.
Mark P Miller, President, WSS Westminster Speed & Sound
Address and Contact Information
Westminster Speed and Sound
202 Pennsylvania Ave
Westminster, MD 21157
- Pre-Owned Vehicle Backup Camera and Safety SystemsBack over accidents are responsible for more than 200 deaths and 12,000 injuries each year. The US Congress passed a law in 2008 that would enact measures to use technology to prevent accidents like these. After years of delays, the US Department of Transportation finally announced that new cars must come with a backup camera. But what if you own or have recently purchased an older vehicle? ... read more
- Product Spotlight: AudioControl LC-1.1500 Mono Subwoofer AmplifierIt isn’t hard to notice that AudioControl hasn’t eased up on its delivery of amazing new mobile audio product solutions. The latest addition to the AudioControl family is the high-power LC-1.1500 subwoofer amplifier. Rated to produce 1,500 watts of continuous power and equipped with the integration and audio processing features you’ve come to expect from AudioControl, this new monoblock is sure to be a huge hit! AudioControl ... read more
- Great Sound From A Factory RadioDid you know that you can get great sound in your car or truck using your factory radio as the source? Gone are the days when upgrading your audio system meant swapping in a new receiver. Today, climate controls, vehicle configuration and more are part of the original radio and display, so changes are nearly impossible. Don’t fret: The latest integration modules on the market make getting ... read more
- GPS Vehicle Tracking SystemsDo you wish you could keep an eye on your kids when they borrow the family car or know where your fleet of work trucks are at any time? A GPS-based tracking system is an easy way to keep tabs on your vehicle. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the options for vehicle locating and tracking systems and, of course, explain how they work. How Does ... read more
- Westminster Client Updates Ford F-150 Technology and SoundA repeat client came to Westminster Speed and Sound looking for a technology upgrade in his 2015 Ford F-150. One of our team members looked over the truck to see how it came equipped from the factory. That also gave us the opportunity to sit in it and listen as the client explained his goals for the upgrades. After giving him a demo of ... read more
- Window Tint Can Improve Your HealthPeople choose to have their car, truck and SUV windows tinted for many different reasons. Sometimes they’re after a specific look for their vehicle. Sometimes they want to improve the safety and security of their vehicle contents. Recently, campaigns by the World Health Organization and the Skin Cancer Foundation have educated the public about the benefits of window tinting as a popular way to protect your skin ... read more
- Using Technology to Protect Teenage DriversDid you know that teenage drivers are three times more likely to be involved in a motor vehicle accident than those who are 20 or older? With their relative lack of experience and the constant bombardment of distractions, it’s no wonder that young people are at risk. The aftermarket mobile electronics industry offers a wide variety of systems and solutions that can protect teenage drivers. Technology Reduces ... read more
- Product Spotlight: Audison Prima SubwoofersThe Prima series of amplifiers and speakers from Audison is highly regarded for its installation flexibility and impressive performance. The most recent additions to the Prima line are three new component subwoofers and five loaded subwoofer enclosures. Like the Prima amps and speakers, the new Audison Prima subwoofers are designed as a perfect upgrade to any factory-installed audio system. Prima Shallow-Mount Subwoofers The new Prima subwoofers include ... read more
- Top 20 Automotive Enhancement Services Offered at Local RetailersIf you are like most people, you may think that your local car stereo shop specializes in custom audio systems, speaker replacements and, if they have marketed themselves well, remote car starter installations. The reality is, many mobile enhancement retailers offer a variety of automotive enhancement services that extend well beyond audio system sales and service. Let’s have a look at some of the service options that ... read more
- Digital Signal Processor System DesignWhen it comes to creating an audio system that sounds amazing, incorporating a digital signal processor into the system gives your installer the tools required to compensate for the majority of the limitations that vehicles impose. To maximize the benefit, a digital signal processor system design needs to take the features and benefits of a processor into consideration. In this article, we are going to explain some ... read more